Monday, July 22, 2013

Song, Song of the South

Well, friends, I'm finally back after doing some field research on the East Coast. I'm starting to once again get adjusted to long sleeves, foggy days, and a nearer to 0% blood alcohol level. I have so much to share from my time back home, but since I currently have a song craving for it, I will start here:



Discovered this little gem on the drive back down from the small mountain town of Lake Lure, NC. Radio stations are scarce (as is forward-thinking, it appears) and are pretty much limited to the Bible Beat or Country. If nothing else, country music almost always promises a good story. Think of it as a redneck book on tape, if you will. In "The Boys 'Round Here," Blake Shelton hits on the Good Ol' Boy trifecta. He mentions (1) the man upstairs (2) 4-wheel drive (3) beer while achieving bonus points for the addition of chewing tubacca' and dirt...and let's not leave out the girls. According to Blake, they "all deserve a whistle" for "shakin' that sugar, sweet as Dixie Crystal." Apparently chivalry is not dead. whew. 

Backwoods legit

No comments:

Post a Comment